Friday, November 14, 2008

Docs

The lack of posts have been due to my recent trip for work. Apologies to my two readers/fellow contributors.

I did however see a short 23 minute documentary about a homeless youth while I was in L.A. You can check it out here. It's pretty interesting.

I have a relatively low tolerance for docs, but an otherwise high tolerance for indie films. I don't know if it's that I am not into the subject of most of them or what. I mean, if you think about it, what are you really interested in? Probably not that much that you want to watch something about it for nearly 2 hours.

Also, docs are usually best for a one-time viewing. And I think people generally don't want to spend time watching movies about sad subjects, especially if they are real. Usually when you sit down to watch a film, you want to forget about reality. But maybe I'm wrong. I barely read the newspaper.

No comments: