Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Benny Button

We spent Monday afternoon (holiday weekend!) at the Domes watching Benjamin Button. First, I'd like to say that the Domes are an f'n amusement park. Geeze. It took me like three years to figure out how to buy popcorn. And we were totally late and had to sit in the front row. The theatre was packed -why don't they add a couple more show times? Are that many people really going to see Friday the 13th or the Jonas Brothers concert. Don't answer that.

Anyway, I had pretty low expectations for the first half of the movie, mostly because everyone says it was a total snooze fest. I actually didn't feel too bored and enjoyed it all the way through. I think I really liked the look and the clothes and the movin' through the ages bit.

I'll admit though, I wasn't invested in the story or the characters at all. You want to see how they'll resolve the whole aging dilemma, but I kind of thought that Benjamin Button was a really boring person. And Cate Blanchett was annoying.

And when it came down to it, the most interesting part of the film was the old man-baby.

No comments: